Wednesday, May 7, 2014

No sweeter name. No sweeter love.

Hello everyone! Hope all is well with y'all :) This is probably about to be one of my favorite blog posts I have ever written because of the things God has led me to write about so I really hope y'all enjoy it too.

For the past few weeks I have been dwelling on who God really is to me. I've known that I love Him and He loves me and that giving my life to Him was the best decision I ever made but when I was asked a few weekends ago who God really is to me, it was really difficult to put it into words. Since then I've been trying to search for an answer and I've realized that there really isn't a simple answer to that question. God is unlike any person I've met on this earth and His love is unlike any other love I have experienced that I couldn't just say, "He is my father" or "He is my friend."

So here's a little side story that might seem like it has nothing to do with this post but hang in there because I promise it does...kinda. Yesterday was a beautiful day so I decided to take my (morbidly obese) pug on a walk. The first half went great but the second was a nightmare. Every single yard we passed she would stop and lay in the green grass and just would not move. I'd pull on her leash and she would finally get up and walk a little bit but would lay right back down on the next yard. I ended up having to carry this 30 pound dog in my wimpy arms all the way back to my house. Anyway, the reason I bring this up now is that when she would lay down in every patch of green she saw, I was reminded of the Psalms 23:1-3. "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake."

I wasn't near as gracious to my poor lazy dog as The Lord is to us but I am glad that I was led to this scripture. I'd heard it before but for some reason it really meant something to me this time. God is our master and we are meant to serve Him but when we need rest and when we need to just stop and lie down...He lets us. This made me just stop and think about how beautiful and unique The Lord's love for us is. It's different than what we expect it to be because it is completely different than how the world acts. Here's what I mean by that...

He is my master, but also my friend.
He is my judge, but He loves me regardless of my guilt.
He is my father, but He is also intimately in love with me.
He is my guide, but He lets my mind think on its own.
He is my creator, but He lets me decide what kind of person I want to be.

How beautiful is that? I've experienced love from my parents, my friends, my siblings, the leaders/mentors in my life, boyfriends, my grandparents and so many other different people but none of it compares to the love of Christ. His love is like all the different types of love we experience from the world all mixed up and multiplied by infinity. I will never be able to fathom just how great the Lord's love is for me, but the day I understood that He really did love me unconditionally was the day that everything changed for me. As the moody girl I am, I need different types of love at different times and that's why God never fails me. Because He knows exactly what I need when I need it and when I just turn to Him, I get to experience that most beautiful type of love there is.

I hope that y'all understand just how incredible it is to be loved by a God so complex and beautiful and that you fall in love with who He is. Nothing else compares to experiencing it.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38, 39




No comments:

Post a Comment