Sunday, October 7, 2012

First Post (eep!)

Good morning! I woke up much earlier than I planned today considering its 7 am and church doesn't start until 10:30 but I started thinking of what I could write in my first post as a blogger and couldn't go back to sleep. I thought I'd tell you a little bit about myself and where I am in my walk with God. I'm 16 years old and a junior in high school. I'm busy constantly with dance, academics, church, YoungLife, spending time with friends and family, and many other things so keeping this blog going will be a challenge but I will try my hardest to post at least once a week. Being born into a Christian family, I've always considered myself a Christian but I truly committed my life to the Lord three summers ago at a church camp. To be completely honest, for the past few months I have been rather lazy in my relationship with God and haven't been putting my whole heart and mind into it. A few weeks ago I had a wake up call and decided to take action and change what was holding me back (I will share more about this in a later post). I have found a new passion for Christ and have recommitted my life to Him. One day while asking God what my next step was I felt the calling to write a blog. I've always been a journaler but now I will get to share my expiriences and thoughts with others and hopefully make a change in somebody's life. Anyways, I won't tell you too much about myself because my life isn't crazy exciting and if somebody happens to actually read this blog I don't want them to be driven away by boredom, but I will tell you this...

God loves you. He loves you so much that He sacrificed His one and only son to make your sins unpunished and give you the chance to have eternal life. He didn't send Jesus to die because we deserved it, He sent him simply because He loves us so much He wants to spend eternity with us. He continues to show his love for us by never failing to love us no matter how much we go against Him and sin, no matter how distant we get from Him, no matter how many times we slip away. His love has no conditions, no exceptions, and no expiration date; no matter what good or bad works you do, He always loves you and always will.

 
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Ephesians 3:17-18
 
My siblings, Bob and Anna Beth
My five best friends(from left to right)-Madison, Hannah, Mary, Halston, (Me), Kelly
My precious family
The Pom Squad (my school dance team)
My sweet cousins, Ally and Kelly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment