Saturday, November 10, 2012

Stress

What a dreadful thing to talk about. But it happens to the best of us. As a junior in high school, I have found that there are a number of things to stress about. Tests, homework, grades, activities, colleges, future occupation, social status, appearance, and so much more. Those are just some of the things I get anxious about; some people could have family problems, health issues, financial issues, etc. So in the midst of all that, we're supposed to spend time with God everyday?? Seems impossible doesn't it?

Well here's a bit truth of truth that I forget way too often: none of it will matter in the end. When we stand at Heaven's gates, our Father is not going to look at the tests we passed, the friends we made, or the clothes we wore...He's going to look at how we devoted our lives to Him and served Him in every possible way.

But what about now? I can't just forget about all my school work and stop trying in all my activities. But what I can do is make The Lord priority over all of that. Recently I've been spending hours a night doing homework along with going to dance or a church event or social gathering causing me to sleep in a little later in the mornings and never fit in much personal time to spend talking to God. And it's really taken a toll on me. I've been more stressed than I have been in weeks and not my usual upbeat self. I know that if I don't finish my homework or study for my tests, my grades will suffer but if I don't spend time reading the bible or praying one day, God will still love me and I'll still go to heaven; therefore, I've been making school a priority over Jesus. But last night I realized something...when I make God my priority, He will take care of me and I will find peace.
"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever.Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy." Psalm 5:11

God wants to bless us. He LOVES to bless us because He loves us. When we show Him that we trust that He will protect us and provide for us, He does. When we cast all of our burdens on Him and make Him the center of everything, he blesses us and takes care of us. Here's a quick little story that proves this to be true:

This past week I was drowning in homework, projects, reading assignments, and tests. On Wednesday when a friend asked me to go to church I almost turned down because of all the work I had to do, but something in me was urging me to go. I was so glad I went because hearing God's word and worshipping Him made me feel so at peace. When I got home, I was incredibly focused and was able to finish my huge project and study for my tests the next day. I somehow managed to make it through the week with pretty good grades and a smile on my face. There's no way I could have done it on my own and kept my sanity. It was God's power alone that lifted me up. Because I decided to put Him over homework and everything else on Wednesday night, I was able to let go of all my worries and find peace in Him.

Now my story may not seem that miraculous to you, but it sure did open my eyes to something I was blind to before. God will take care of me and will always do what's best for me. There is no use stressing and worrying if I'm going to make it, cause The Lord is on my side and will always give me the strength I need. The true focus of my life should always be Him because once I devote myself to Him, everything else will fall into place just the way He wants it to, which is also how I want it to.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33
 
Recent photos of my beautiful life:
Halloween- George and Abe
My sweet friends
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment